|>> home : image library : orders : conditions of use|
Conditions of Use:
1) TO USE THE PHOTOGRAPHIC COPY ONLY ONCE AND ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE DESCRIBED IN THE SECTION: "PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE USED FOR." Any subsequent or different use of the image (including, but not limited to, subsequent editions, book club or paperback editions, dust jackets, covers, endpapers, use in a broadcast or print advertisement, CD-ROM editions, redistribution in additional languages, sale of broadcast productions as videos for the home market, etc.) not specified in this order form constitutes a reuse and must be applied for in writing. There is a reuse fee;
2) TO RETURN ALL PHOTOGRAPHIC MEDIA TO RMS-REPUBLIC.COM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE COMPLETION OF ITS USE AS SPECIFIED IN THE LETTER OF AGREEMENT. No refunds will be made for unused or returned photographic copies;
3) NOT TO PERMIT OTHERS TO REPRODUCE THE PHOTOGRAPHIC COPY OR ANY FACSIMILE OF IT BY ANY MEANS FOR ANY PURPOSE;
4) To credit properly. The following is the basic credit line: "From the Collections of RMS-Republic.com" Additional Guidelines concerning proper crediting are provided below;
5) TO GIVE TO RMS-REPUBLIC.COM ONE COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF ANY PUBLISHED WORK in which the photographic copy appears, including motion pictures and videotapes;
6) That in authorizing the publication of a photographic copy, RMS-Republic.com does not surrender its own right to publish it or grant others permission do to so;
7) To assume all responsibility for questions of copyright, invasion of privacy, and all other liabilities that may arise from the use made of the photographic image(s) supplied;
8) That any exceptions or additions to these Conditions will appear here, and will be considered part of, this "Letter of Agreement:"
RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES FOR CREDITING RMS-REPUBLIC.COM :
- Our basic credit line is "From the Collections of RMS-Republic.com"
- Crediting of each individual image at the point where it is used is preferable in all cases:
- With printed matter it is preferred that the credit line appear on the same page or the facing page as the image.
- With films, filmstrips, videotapes, broadcast productions, CD-ROM products, and videodiscs, etc., include the credit with the other "Sources of Illustrations." In manuals that accompany such products, credit at the point where the image is discussed.
- With exhibitions and other displays, credit within the exhibition area.
- Whenever possible, the NEGATIVE number provided (and the photographer's name, if provided) should be included in the credit line.
- Whenever possible, please indicate in the accompanying caption or label any and all changes made to the original photographic copy such as taking a detail, superimposing, tinting, etc