|>> home : image library : orders : crediting guidelines|
Guidelines for Crediting
RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES FOR CREDITING RMS-REPUBLIC.COM :
- Our basic credit line is "From the Collections of RMS-Republic.com"
- Crediting of each individual image at the point where it is used is preferable in all cases:
- With printed matter it is preferred that the credit line appear on the same page or the facing page as the image.
- With films, filmstrips, videotapes, broadcast productions, CD-ROM products, and videodiscs, etc., include the credit with the other "Sources of Illustrations." In manuals that accompany such products, credit at the point where the image is discussed.
- With exhibitions and other displays, credit within the exhibition area.
- Whenever possible, the NEGATIVE number provided (and the photographer's name, if provided) should be included in the credit line.
- Whenever possible, please indicate in the accompanying caption or label any and all changes made to the original photographic copy such as taking a detail, superimposing, tinting, etc.